Visit Our Rochester based Dry Eye Center.
Are your eyes dry and itchy? Sometimes red and almost have a burning sensation? You might have dry eye symptoms.
We see a large number of these cases at our Rochester Dry Eye Center. Partially, because the problem is so much worse here than many other areas. Think about it. Rochester has a pretty dry climate, not only in the summer but most certainly in the winter. If you are having any of the following issues than you like have Dry Eye Symptoms.
- Do you suffer from watery eyes?
- Do you have an intermittent foreign body sensation?
- Ever experience sensitivity to light, burning sensation, or discomfort in windy or dry conditions?
- Have you decreased your participation in outdoor activities, reading, watching TV or using the computer?
- Are your eyes sometimes red for no apparent reason?
- Are your contact lenses not as comfortable as they once were?
- Do you experience intermittent blurring of your vision? Does your vision seem to fluctuate?
- Do you use eye drops for irritated eyes?
If you answered yes to any of these, we should talk about the condition commonly known as Dry Eye Syndrome or DES. Any or all of the above symptoms may be caused by a deficiency of the tear water layer, oil layer or a combination of both. Strange as it may seem, the most frequent complaint expressed by Dry Eye patients is watering.
Rochester Dry Eye Treatment
Robbins Eye has been designated a Center of Excellence for Dry Eye Treatments in Rochester NY. Robbins Eye has introduced a battery of new diagnostic tests such as tear osmolarity to analyze the quality of your tears, Meiboscan and LipiView II. For the very first time we are able to visualize and analyze the important oil glands that are such a vital part of the tear film equation. After a series of simple evaluations, we will be able to determine the likely cause of your dry eye, and outline the best treatment options for you.
Robbins Eye was the first center in the region to offer Lipiflow, an FDA-approved treatment for DES. Lipiflow is the only FDA approved treatment proven safe and effective for Evaporative Dry Eye, which affects 9 out of 10 dry eye cases. Medications such as Restasis are helpful in select cases.
Learn about Dry Eye Treatment options available through Robbins Eye in Rochester NY?
Call us at (585) 787-2020 or Contact Us to schedule an appointment.